3 Days 2 Nights Borneo Eco Adventure
Borneo Eco Adventure
DAY 1 – Tanjung Harapan
Upon arrival at Pangkalan Bun Airport you will be met by a BIH representative and transferred to Kumai to board your boat, which is a traditional klotok wooden river boat construction, about twelve meters to two meters in size, and with a roof that forms an upper deck where you can take in the view of the rain forest as you glide by.
En route you will stop at the first ever rehabilitation center for Orangutans, being at Tanjung Harapan. Afterward you will have some lunch. You will witness the feeding time from 15.00. In the tranquil afternoon you will be able to explore the river on the klotok while observing the monkeys on the river’s edge. Dinner will be served on the boat. You may choose to stay overnight on the boat or alternatively you may choose the option of spending the night at lodge near the river. (Lunch and dinner supplied).
DAY 2 – Pondok Tanguy, Camp Leakey
Following an early breakfast on board you will commence the two hours journey on the river, and the along a side creek to Camp leakey where some older orangutans have been reintroduced into the rain forest. En route you will stop at Pondok Tanguy, which is rehabilitation center for new ex-captive orangutans. You will be there for the feeding time at 09.00 am. You then continue on the Klotok to Camp Leakey. Following lunch as we travel on the boat, you will have opportunity to take a short trek before seeing the feeding time at 14.00, which is for old rehabilitated orangutans who are given additional foods. Again (and after dinner) you have a choice of an overnight stay on the boat or at the Rimba Lodge. (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner).
Day 3 – Transfer out
You have a free morning program until it’s time to transfer to Kumai, and then onto Pangkalan Bun Airport for your next destination. (Breakfast supplied).
- 2-night stay on a traditional boat on a full board basis
- Return airport transfers in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- All mentioned activities include relevant entrance fees and service of the English speaking local guide
- Traditional boat transfer to Gili Islands and speedboat transfer to Bali
- Camera charges
- Ranger donation
- International or domestic flights
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Handy-cam charges (payment on arrival)
- Tips and gratuities
- Meals and drinks not mentioned as included
- Accommodation early check in / late check out
- Personal expenses and all other travel components not mentioned in inclusions above